ATLANTA (AP) — Tom Brady vividly remembers the first time he experienced all the hype http://www.minnesotavikingsteamonlin...ith-jr.-jersey , hoopla and heightened expectations of playing in the Super Bowl.The New England Patriots quarterback was just a wide-eyed yet supremely confident second-year player who was on the verge of jumpstarting what has become one of the most dominant dynasties in sports history.That was 2002 — 17 years ago, which counts as a few career lifetimes for most NFL players. Brady is 41 now and insists the years haven’t changed him much from that first Super Sunday against the then-St. Louis Rams.“In many ways, I’m similar,” Brady said this week while preparing for his ninth appearance on the NFL’s biggest stage. “I don’t think in the end that things are that different for me.”Except, of course, they very much are.Brady still has the boyish good looks and flashy smile that made him a media darling back then, but he also has five Super Bowl rings and a ridiculously lengthy list of team and NFL records to go along with lots and lots of wins.And, here he is in the days leading up to this year’s game with things having come full circle.He’s again facing the Rams, who are now in their third year back in Los Angeles. But this time, it’s against a quarterback in Jared Goff who was only 7 when Brady started his history-making run.At 24 years and 112 days old, Goff will be the fourth-youngest quarterback to start a Super Bowl game — and the first millennial. Brady is actually fifth on that list, at 24 years, 184 days old.The 17-year age gap is the largest between starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl history. And, if you want to feel really old, make a pop culture reference from about 20 years ago or so, and Goff will shake his head and shrug his shoulders because he’ll probably have no clue what you’re talking about.“I’ll get asked about stuff all the time,” Goff said. “If it’s from any time in the ’90s, I probably don’t remember it. I was, you know, born in 94, so.”Goff doesn’t recall anything about the first time Brady hoisted the Lombardi Trophy. In fact http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.c...awrence-jersey , his first Super Bowl memory didn’t come until two years later when the Patriots beat the Carolina Panthers.“It’s a guy that you’ve looked up to for so long,” Goff said, “and now I get a chance to play in one with him.”Grizzled veteran vs. inexperienced youngster.Old school vs. new school.But the overwhelming passion to win at all costs is clearly ingrained in both — no matter the age difference.“I loved playing then, I still love playing now,” said Brady, who stands firm in his desire to play until he’s 45. “I don’t take anything for granted, I really don’t. I enjoy it. I think we all work hard at it, but to get to this point is really exceptional. I’m proud of the guys for making the commitment and it’s certainly not easy. I think everyone at this point is tired and worn down but at the same time, you have one of the great opportunities in your life.“This is a memory you’ll have forever and I really hope we can go out and take advantage of it.”Brady sees some of himself in Goff, and not just the fact that they were California kids who grew up in Bay Area cities — Brady in San Mateo, Goff in Novato — located less than 50 miles away.He knows Goff represents hope for a franchise on the upswing that yearns for success after several subpar seasons. Unlike Brady, who was a sixth-round pick in 2000, Goff was the No. 1 overall selection in 2016. Leading up to the draft, there were even comparisons of Goff to Brady for the youngster’s footwork, pocket presence and accuracy.Goff showed flashes during a shaky rookie season of what everyone is seeing now on a regular basis.“Oh, for sure, you could see the intangibles, the throws he made on film and in the game,” Patriots safety Duron Harmon said of the first time New England faced Goff in the youngster’s third career start in 2016.“I remember he threw a nine-route to the sideline and it was on a rope,” Harmon added, “and you realize why he was the first overall pick.”Just three seasons in http://www.oaklandraidersteamonline....-jacobs-jersey , Goff is in his first Super Bowl — and many think this could be the first of several with him as the face of the Rams franchise.“He’s an unfazed quarterback,” Rams coach Sean McVay said. “I think his way to have success and handle adversity the same demonstrates that poise and confidence you want from your quarterback.”A lot like the guy on the other sideline.“I think there’s more similarities than differences,” said Rams cornerback Aqib Talib, who played with Brady during the 2012 and 2013 seasons. “Everybody has different personalities, and they’re different ages, but they’re both good quarterbacks with a big arm, smart players, get the offense in and out of the huddle, and can make every throw on the field. They’re both dangerous and they’ve got good teammates.“From a defensive perspective, they’re more similar than they are (different).”Neither can stand to lose. And they didn’t get this far by accepting defeat at any level.But just one will walk off the field Sunday feeling satisfied, having won a Super Bowl for the ages.“I think loving the game and trying to improve and be the best I can be for the team is great motivation for me and I’ve just always spoke about winning and that’s what I love to do,” Brady said. “That’s why I’m here.” After years of planning and many millions in spending, there was one thing organizers of Super Bowl 52 couldn’t control – a Minnesota winter. The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots played inside. But as fans were heading to U.S. Bank Stadium at noon Sunday, the temperature in Minneapolis was minus-2 degrees, with a wind chill of negative 23 – by far the coldest Super Bowl on record – raising questions about whether the NFL’s marquee event would ever return to Minnesota.
While warmer climates tend to be more popular host cities, a flashy new stadium and amenities often play a bigger role than the weather in determining who will host the big game.
”The owners will do as they like. So that’s one of those decisions that’s just not up to the fan base,” said Mark Cobb, who has been to several Super Bowls in his work for the NFL Players Association. ”Wherever has the newest, prettiest stadium, that’s who gets the game.”
Cobb, of Washington Ben Banogu Jersey , said everyone in Minnesota was nice, and he’d return to Minneapolis for a Super Bowl. But he said the weather felt ”like I was being punished. Minnesota is where they send you when you’re bad. But if you embrace it like the people who live here, instead of fighting it, it’s not so bad.”
The NFL has used the Super Bowl as a reward for municipalities that pump public money into new venues. Minnesota was awarded the game in 2014, two years after state lawmakers approved a financing package that had taxpayers paying nearly half the cost of the $1.1 billion stadium.
Other northern cities have reaped similar benefits. New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium got a Super Bowl in its fourth season, the only outdoor Super Bowl at a northern site to date (2014). Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis hosted in 2012 and Ford Field in Detroit hosted in 2006, both at the end of their fourth seasons. The only other Super Bowls held in the north were in suburban Detroit at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1982 and in Minneapolis at the Metrodome in 1992.
While warmer climates have held more Super Bowls, there is no rotation of pre-selected cities that get picked, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said. He said it’s up to club owners to take the initial step of expressing an interest in hosting. The sites of the next four Super Bowls are already chosen: Atlanta in 2019, followed by South Florida, Tampa Bay and Los Angeles.
Atlanta has a stadium that opened in 2017. Hard Rock Stadium in South Florida and Raymond James Stadium in Tampa have been renovated in the past three years, and Los Angeles will have a new stadium by the time it hosts the game.
McCarthy said the weather in Minneapolis wasn’t a negative. Instead, he said it provided new experiences for fans, some of whom took advantage of the Minneapolis skyway system, a collection of enclosed – and heated – pedestrian bridges.
”We knew weather was going to be a factor and we embraced it,” he said.
Andrea Mokros, a spokeswoman for the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee, said the event was a ”huge success.” Visitor numbers were still being calculated, but Mokros said outdoor concerts and other events were well attended, even on the coldest nights during 10 days of festivities.
”The cold didn’t slow anyone down and in fact made it a more memorable experience,” she said. Mokros said the winter climate allowed the host committee to offer a different sort of fun for guests Parris Campbell Jersey , such as snowmobiling or skijoring (cross-country skiing while being pulled by a dog). And she said she felt some pride when she saw celebrities donning winter hats and embracing the cold weather.
Paul Vaaler, a professor of management and law at the University of Minnesota law school and the Carlson School of Management, said while warmer tourist destinations are more likely to get Super Bowls, there is some strategy to spreading the game to different franchises: The promise of a Super Bowl can lead cities to build new stadiums and keep teams from leaving certain markets.
Because of that, he said, other northern cities are likely to host the Super Bowl before Minnesota gets another chance.
”That incentive to build a stadium and attract the Super Bowl is gone (for Minnesota), but it’s not gone in a place like Cincinnati, or a place like Denver” or other northern NFL cities that have stadiums that are more than 20 years old. ”For other northern climates, there will be pressure.”
Some fans said the weather was tolerable and there were plenty of experiences in Minneapolis to keep them entertained. Others said that even though Minnesotans were hospitable, they’d prefer a warmer location.

”The cold was just brutal,” said Philadelphia Eagles fan Terry Laufer of Carrollton, Virginia. His wife, Rhonda, said: ”I would never be able to bring children here. It would be too risky.” The pair said they’d return with their grandkids in September, when it’s warmer.
”You could have had the Arctic Circle and it would have been a great experience,” said Jody Haggerty of Milford, Pennsylvania. ”Minneapolis made it work. … It’s not about the location. It’s about the experience, the atmosphere and the game.”

Associated Press writer Steve Karnowski contributed to this report.